With most face to face networking postponed for the time being, the need for staying in touch with your business contacts via social media has never been greater. And with so many working from home, now is a great time to use Linkedin to help others so here is a list of seven things you can do to help others.
- Connect or Follow others to help them build their contacts
- Like or Love their content – show them that it is of interest to you – in turn this will help your newsfeed improve so that you get content that is of most interest to you, from the people you are most interested in
- Leave a Comment – it will help promote their content further for them and hopefully, in turn, they will start commenting on your posts in return helping your reach too
- Endorse their skills – it takes seconds but helps build them to be seen as a subject matter expert with the relevant skills and knowledge when others are looking at what they do
- Recommend them – even better than endorsing them – unsolicited write a recommendation for someone, do one per week, you will be amazed how many then do the same for you.
- Message them to develop your network further. Linkedin can see who you are engaging with and will then promote your posts to those that you are interacting with. Again helping both of your feeds to be as relevant to each other as possible
- Connect them with someone from your network – pass on a connection as you would if you were at a networking event to help them grow their contacts and hopefully their business
In these unprecedented times being there for each other and helping each other is key for businesses and using Linkedin can be a great way of doing this.