With over 30 years experience in the Housebuilding Industry, construction and development is my passion.
With an established track record and a depth of experience as a Managing Director in the construction and housebuilding industries, I’ve overseen and driven significant growth in the businesses I’ve led over the last twenty years.
Experienced in both development and contracting and the delivery of housing in both private and affordable sectors.
As the leader in the housebuilding and contracting sector I have developed and broadened my skills sets over the years which include:
- an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the housing market, the development process and the challenges and opportunities within both private and public sectors
- robust leadership and strong stakeholder management skills
- driving a service excellence culture
- developing, motivating and supporting my teams
- depth of understanding of the company P&L – making decisions based on its demands
- managing all aspects of the process from the purchase of land through to sales and marketing
- devising and implementing means for continuous improvement in market share, profit margins and client satisfaction levels
- development and enhancement of new and existing systems, controls and structures
- affordable and market sale housing expertise
- identification and mitigation of risks within complex projects
- the building and development of key client partnerships
- ability to take control of troubled or failing projects and quickly and efficiently recover them
- in-depth experience of managing the financial health of the business
- years of experience in all aspects of land acquisition and the planning process
- evaluation of new business opportunities to ensure financial viability
- continuous improvement to the company’s governance structure
- translation of corporate strategy into deliverable action plans
- exceptional communication skills with an ability to convey a clear and relevant message